- General Info
- Tuition & Fees
- Net Price Calculator
- Aid & Scholarships
- Advanced Placement Exam
- Pay Online
- College Refund Policy
- Visit Us
Come visit us in beautiful Dallas, Texas, with access to nearby Fort Worth.
Application Fee: A non-refundable Application Fee of $50.00 must accompany the Application for Matriculation.
Military Servicemember Application Fee Credit: The paid application fee will be credited against future tuition and/or fees for active duty, Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) U.S. military service members, U.S. military veterans who have been honorably discharged from both active duty and/or IRR. If you are eligible for a credit, request a Military Application Fee Credit Form from the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. When completed, scan the form back to the admissions e-mail address or your admissions representative. Our Admissions and Financial Aid staff stands ready to assist active duty, IRR, veterans, and military family members.
Textbook Fee/Course Materials: All students are responsible for purchasing/acquiring the required textbooks necessary for all courses unless noted otherwise. Please note that it is imperative for students to obtain the required textbooks for their course(s) to ensure their success.
There are several courses in which the textbook will be provided as an eBook or PDF in the course, but please note that this is not the case for all courses. Students are responsible for locating vendors from which to purchase textbooks if choosing not to use the ones provided. A list of textbooks, ISBNs, and links to publishers is available for your convenience by contacting the Institute. Textbooks could be purchased through the following stores or websites: Amazon, eBay, Chegg, Etsy, Half-Priced Books.
All Personal Protective Equipment and Restorative Art Lab supplies will continue to be provided and shipped to students from Dallas Institute of Funeral Service.
Textbook Information: To view textbook information for all programs, select here.
This fee policy is subject to change in subsequent terms.
Technology Fee: A $250.00 per quarter technology fee is charged at the beginning of each quarter of a student’s enrollment. The technology fee is a charge in addition to tuition costs that will be used to enhance the student’s learning environment, protect the academic integrity of its educational programs, provide resources, and increase the College’s capacity to meet the technology environment expectations. The technology fee is due at the beginning of each quarter the student is enrolled in.
Technology fees are non-refundable and can be covered by financial aid. This fee includes:
- Technical infrastructure – software and hardware
- Technology Maintenance & Upgrades
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Online secured proctored examination
- McGraw-Hill Connect, Cengage, and other support services for course content
- DL Faculty and student resources & support
- Computer Lab and Deep Freeze
- Office 365
- Student Information System (SIS)
- Software for live and recorded lectures
- Student & Faculty Help Desk & technical assistance
- Library databases
- Faculty technology needs to support student learning and communication
- Content development, Course development, and Course design
- Training and professional development to create skills and materials integrating technology into the classroom
- Security solutions to protect student and institutional data
- NBE study question bank
Proctor Exam Fee: All students are responsible for scheduling proctored exams in advance. All proctored exams must be scheduled at least seven (7) calendar days prior to the exam date. Those who do not comply with that timeframe are subject to late scheduling fees. Students that fail to take scheduled proctor exam(s) or reschedule/cancel their exam within 48 hours of the exam are assessed a $25.00 rescheduling fee for each exam missed.
Proctor exam fees are non-refundable and not covered by financial aid.
Practicum, Lab, and Supply Fee: A non-refundable fee of $800.00 will be charged to all students in the quarter tied to the course “History of Funeral Service.” This fee may be covered by financial aid (TIV). This fee will cover the following:
- Student Embalming Supplies
- Student Restorative Art Supplies
- Onsite and Offsite Lab Supplies
- Administrative On-Site Inspection and Recertification
- Inspector’s Travel
- This includes: taxi (or other), hotel, mileage, tolls, etc.
- Funeral Home Business Verification (if applicable)
- Preceptor Training
- Certified Preceptor pay/cost
- Administrative Costs
Re-Admission Fee: A non-refundable $50.00 re-admission application fee is charged prior to re-entry into the program of study. This fee includes:
- Student demographic confirmation and updates
- Student will meet with the admissions representative or Dean to update any demographics that may be out of date; such as: address, phone number, e-mail, etc.
- Re-entry documentation and updates
- Enrollment updates within NSLDS
- Financial aid updates
- Credit evaluation/re-evaluation
Change of Program Fee: A $50.00 change of program fee is charged prior to transfer procedure. Like an application fee, this fee covers:
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- Transfer credit review
Returned Payment Fee: A returned payment fee of $30 will be charged to a student’s account for any check dishonored by the drawee bank. Return payment fees are non-refundable and are not covered by financial aid. This fee covers administrative duties associated with the returned payment.
- The returned payment must be paid by cash or money order
Waiving the Fee:
- The fee will be waived if the payment was returned in error, providing supporting documentation is submitted
- For more information on tuition, select here.
- Full Payment or Tuition Installment Plan Payments can be made online. Pay Online